My eight-year board of directors commitment ended as the immediate past president for Association Media & Publishing. I served on two ASAE committees: Greater Washington and Research. I have held leadership positions in the association publishing executive industry, senior-level management positions for national and international trade associations, and provided commentary and insight for industry trade magazines, consumer publications and online forums. Throughout my career, I have published several million words, covering industries and topics that include the legal profession, association publishing, multi-family housing, cleaning and restoration, and business credit. I have also served as the editor in chief/publisher of five magazines.
Below are previous association industry events where you would find me speaking on subjects that I am passionate about. At the most recent presentation, our panel was rated overall 4.31, with the average conference session rating coming in at 4.0.
- Coalition of Education Association Publications, 10/16: “Using Social Media to Share Your Publication’s Content and Engage with Your Readers”
- Association Media & Publishing Annual Meeting, 06/16: “Publishing Responsibly by Publishing Responsively”
- ASAE Great Ideas Conference 03/14: “From Soap to Hobbits: Content Marketing Lessons from Major Brands”
- ASAE CAE Kick-off Course instructor, 09/13
- Association Media & Publishing Annual Meeting 06/12: “Website Design Trends”
- ASAE Great Ideas Conference 3/12: “Chopped: The Association Version”
- Association Forum of Chicagoland Holiday Showcase 12/11: “Emerging Website Design Trends”
- ASAE Technology Conference & Expo 12/11: “Mobilizing Your Membership”
- Association Media & Publishing Annual Meeting, 6/11: “Mobilize Your Membership”
- Digital Now Association Leadership Conference, 4/11: “Future of Mobile Publishing: Redefining User Engagement and Member Value”
- WMACCA Chapter of ACC, 2/11: “New Media Ways to Increase Your Personal Brand Equity”
- Association Media & Publishing Annual Meeting, 6/07: “How to Communicate with Non-publishing Bosses”